Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 27, 2009(Last Longest Run)?

This day was scheduled to be our last longest run training for the marathon. The distance is set not less than 30 kilometers and we are set to start at 4:30AM. But because of unavoidable circumstances that I need to attend the night before, I slept late almost 12 midnight and need to wake up before 4AM. My gosh, I think I cant make it, puyat na ako... I texted my running friends that I'm not sure If I can go with them for the long run. Nevertheless, I still set my alarm at 4:45AM and decided to just run a half marathon. The route was Merge Pt to Pandan, Caoayan back and forth(10km) then Merge Pt. to Banaoang bridge back and forth(approximately 20.5 km). Luckily, 3 of my running friends(Mike, Galo, Carolino) will also go just for 21km and we met at exactly 5:30 AM at Merge Pt. Then after a few minutes of warm up, we started to run and decided not to wait for the runners who went to Pandan earlier coz they are faster runners than we are. Before reaching the turn around point(new Banaoang bridge) I told the group that we will have photo sessions in the new bridge. So we had our picture taking then after few minutes we ran back to Merge pt. My Polar watch registered a distance of 20.9 km in 2:19:17 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment